Items you can throw in a dumpster
• Construction materials – debris, drywall, tiling, wallboard, Sheetrock.
• Garden debris – branches, tree and hedge clippings, sod, dirt.
• Furniture – couches/sofas, desks, file cabinets, tables, dressers, sofa beds, mattresses.
• Appliances – fridges, freezers, stoves, dish washers, washers and dryers.
• Basement, garage, shed and attic junk – boxes, books, old tools, tires.
• Electronics – computers, monitors, copy machines, printers.
• Garbage – cardboard, rubbish, paper.
• Concrete – from broken pathways or flooring.
• Roofing items – cedar and asphalt shingles.
• Renovation junk – walls, doors, windows, plywood, drywall, floor boards, plasterboard and frames, etc.
• Old tires – there is an added disposal charge for tires.
There are numerous items that cannot be disposed of because of safety hazards, environmental threats and local restrictions.
Items that can’t go in rental dumpsters (liquid waste or hazardous waste)
• Propane tanks
• Paint thinner
• Items explicitly listed as hazardous
For safe and eco-friendly disposal of the wastes not allowed in dumpsters, drop them off at your local Waste Management site.
Always discuss the debris or waste you are wanting to dispose of with your dumpster rental company first. They’ll guide you to what’s allowed and what isn't. Call Como Excavation, Demolition and Disposal at 888-749-1335 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’re happy to help!!